The Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ Office Jakarta (GOJ) is looking for 1 (one) qualified Administrative Professional.
The administrative professional is responsible for:
The Program Officer CIM IF assists in preparation, implementation and completion of
CIM IF program in Indonesia, Timor Leste and ASEAN by liaising between GIZ/CIM Head
Office, GIZ Office Jakarta and Dili, GIZ projects, Indonesian/Timor Leste/ASEAN
institutions, national partners and employers as well as the CIM IF. In addition,
he/she will also be in charge for the position of the Environment Officer of GIZ
The administrative professional performs the following tasks:
B.1. Assist the Migration Liaison Officer with the CIM – Integrated Expert (IF)
1. Provide general information to the Indonesian/Timor Leste and ASEAN side (government, national partners) with regard to the CIM IF program together with the Liaison Officer Migration and the Deputy Country Director.
2. Assist to identify new employers.
3. Provide information to GIZ projects and employers on administrative procedures of the IF Program (new request, prolongation, monitoring and evaluation etc.).
4. Assist the Liaison Officer Migration and Deputy Country Director in communication with GIZ / CIM head office in Frankfurt.
5. Follow up on new requests and prolongations with GIZ projects, employers,national partners and State Secretariat (recommendation and approval of assignment).
6. Take care of the CIM-IF arrangement/s in Indonesia such as program of CIM visitors, IF Meeting, including settlement of travel cost of IF (financed by Study and Expert Fund).
7. Provides general information to the IF before their arrival. Assist in compiling and providing information on project related issues. Assist the CIM IF in administrative procedures such as stay- and work permit etc. in cooperation with the Personnel Officer for Expatriate and the Procurement Officer.
B.2. Assistance in projects preparatory and implementation phase
1. To assist in the preparation and in the carrying out of appraisal and evaluation missions through:
2. Provision of related information on the issue and institutions,
3. Arrangement of the mission program.
4. Assist in planning workshop (a.o. finding moderator and to monitor the contract/s, initiation, contacting the participants, logistic support, etc)
5. Compiling the related documents, reports etc.
6. To advise and train the GIZ projects in all CIM IF related affairs and procedures.
7. To assist in the follow up of the official project documents in close cooperation with the Indonesian Institutions concerned, State Secretariat, Department of Foreign Affairs, Line Ministries, German Embassy, GIZ Office Jakarta and GIZ projects.
8. To assist the Liaison Officer Migration in monitoring correspondence of Implementation Agreement of project permits, and other official project documents in close cooperation with GIZ projects.
9. To support the German Embassy in providing the draft of Verbal Note concerning CIM IF placements.
10. Distribute the Verbal Note received from the German Embassy and the Implementation Agreement.
11. To arrange appointments and participate in follow up meetings.
12. To prepare for, assist and follow up on workshop/s and seminar/s.
B.3 Filing and Documentation
1. Maintain filing of CIM IF program documents at GIZ Office Jakarta.
2. Responsible for the content of CIM-IF factsheet.
3. Responsible for CIM IF database (statistics, prognosis etc).
C. Other Duties/Additional Tasks
1. Assist in and /or carry out other tasks, as assigned: In charge for environmental matters at GIZ Office Jakarta (Environment Officer).
2. Undertake further job training related to her/his position and duties, if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the GIZ Head of Office.
3. Assist the Deputy Country Director (National) in security matters:
o Update the Cascade
o Update the Security Handbook
o Update of Security Information (from Hill and Associates), report to Deputy Country Director (National), distribute the information to the distribution lists (Area Security Officer, Project Security Officer and the Deputies)
3. Translation of program related documents.
D. Required Entry Qualifications and Competencies Formal Education
1. University degree of formal professional certificate / diploma in Management / Law / Economics / Social Sciences or other relevant field.
2. Minimum 5 years of professional working experience in a similar position.
4. Ability to work in an international team and stressful environment.
5. Excellent English language skills, both written and oral. German language skills are desirable.
6. Excellent command of MS-Office.
7. Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax,e-mail, internet and IT software)
Please submit your comprehensive resume to :